Below are several frequent troubleshooting issues regarding Atomic Form hardware. The list is updated as issues arise. If you don't see your question/issue on the list, feel free to contact us here
My Photon lost its Wifi connection, how do I reconnect? My Photon display appears to be digitally zoomed in, how do I fix this? Video NFTs and SVGs are only showing up as images (in display and platform) The Photon cable doesn't appear to work and/or I need a different cable. Any suggestions? I need another cable to connect my display to my Photon. What do you recommend?
My Photon lost its Wifi connection, how do I reconnect?
A: There are two steps:
- Reboot the Photon or Wave.
- Follow the Wifi instructions when they re-appear.
- Notice: Before reconnecting your laptop or phone to the access point (e.g. Wave-XYZ), make sure to click the info button and “Forget Network”.
My Photon display appears to be digitally zoomed in, how do I fix this?
A: Issues with zoomed in displays can be the result of two issues:
- 4K vs HD. We currently only support 4K displays (although this will change in the future). Verify the resolution is indeed 4K.
- Samsung Frame. While this display is 4K, we are still trying to resolve why it detects at a different resolution. This is a known issue that we are working on.
All other 4K displays are fully compatible with the Photon.
Video NFTs and SVGs are only showing up as images (both on the displays and the platform).
A: Different NFT smart contracts store their media in different ways. We are working on becoming more compatible with all the major minting platforms, but even that doesn’t cover all scenarios. You can help us by submitting the URL of a particular NFT to email@example.com as we continue to catalog and address these scenarios.
The Photon cable doesn’t appear to work and/or I need a different cable. Any suggestions?
A: There are occasionally issues with the Micro HDMI connection to the Photon itself. If you’re not seeing the display detect a signal after 30 seconds, try the following.
- Unplug the Photon power supply.
- Unplug the Photon micro HDMI connector.
- Plug the micro HDMI connector back in.
- Plug the Photon power supply back in.
If this doesn’t work after 2-3 attempts, we may need to send you another cable.
I need another cable to connect my display to my Photon. What do you recommend?
A: The most typical connection is a Micro HDMI (Photon) to HDMI (Display) cable. However, there are a range of other 4K display cables you may want to consider depending on the needs of your display:
For more detail on the differences between these cable types, visit this article.